Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

So Upset today

Over the road from me, and I mean just the road we had 12 or 13 huge conifers. It was the garden of The Oliver Twist in Wakefield. When I got up this morning they have all gone, and it would appear in the shredder. The oliver twist had been there for about 35 years and about another 10 on top of that. I got the blackbirds from there the robins from there, the long tailed tit, and god knows how much wildlife was in there I will never know, but we had plenty of birds in the conifers, and their would come to my garden to get fed and watered, sometimes a bath and sometimes we had a few squabbles between them, I am just so angry that they have destroyed them for what to build 14 houses on there, had we not had such a house shortage, he would not have been allowed to build on there. I complained last year because in march/April he pulled some trees out (not conifers) and but them in the shredder, I was upset then, when my brother said he was not allowed to do it, if it had nests in, I am almost sure the magpies were in that tree. But this is awful, really bad I think. Would the birds have managed to get out, or would they have stayed still frightened to move, none have been to my garden so far today. I hope he is not going to pull out the rest on the other side. Thanks for reading