New Hoggy feeding station a success!!!

• In reply to madpenguin:

They work :-) I enjoyed the little view into your hhogs' garden and home. Lovely! Will you leave the feeding box out all winter? Just in case? Really, that was dandy and I thank you, mp

• In reply to KarinHolloway:

Yes I will leave the feeding station out all winter,just in case.

Was cold last night but hoggies were still out and about.Still have not actually seen them for a few days but they do leave 'presents' around so I know that have visited!

It's not always easy to hug a hedgehog.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

• In reply to madpenguin:

Still cold out but saw a little hoggy last night! :)

• In reply to Jason:

Hi Madpenquin,

Pleased your Hedgehogs are doing well, and good to know they are getting plenty of good food, and the new shelter looks great too :)

• I love what you are doing for the Hedgehogs madpenguine :)

Have you made the feeding stations out of the plastic storage containers?  How do you do that.

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures :)

• In reply to jo2:

Hi Jo

Hopefully MP will see your post and reply herself.

Yes you can make a hog feeding station out of a plastic storage box by just cutting a 4" square hole in one end towards the bottom of the box,put the food at the far end of the box, you can put a brick or something heavy on the lid to stop it moving.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Jo

As Alan has said you can make a feeding station out of a plastic storage box.Make sure that the hole has no sharp edges (I use duct tape).

You can just make a shelter out of bricks and slabs,the feeding station is really to stop cats getting the food before the hogs!

Sometimes I just scatter peanuts and mealworms on the lawn so they can forage for themselves.

I am still getting regular visits and have about 4/5 at the moment.

• In reply to KarinHolloway:

Brilliant They need all the help they can get

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain