A pond at last!

• In reply to Maisie:

Its really establishing itself now Maisie,  its a haven for wildlife, water dwellers and insects,  well done, nice update.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Its still looking good and the water looks clear enough, Maisie, I cleaned out or little pond today and have quite a lot of frog spawn so will have to move some of it to a large container I use for the birds to bath in, I have done this before or I will loose it to the newts when the tadpoles emerge :(

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

I can see you're going to have a great time now M, with good weather to come & fine tuning everything to just how you want it (including the wiring/plumbing) ... Look forward to further updates with great interest!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Have you had a good spring and summer with your pond, Maisie?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

We have had a superb summer, thank you! Sadly the spawn didn't seem to come to anything, but the plants have established beautifully and impressively, there have been dragonflies by the dozen, and the lilies are fabulous. I have spent many summer lunchtimes sunbathing on the grass or just sitting on the bench enjoying the pond this summer. Let me dig out some up to date photos...

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

• In reply to Maisie:

Flora-wise, the bog garden/rockery beds have absolutely exploded. From being 6in high max, they're huuuge!

The pond plants have also established and spread:

And the plants along the wall are growing well and doing their thing, esp the buddleias:

• In reply to Maisie:

Pondlife:

• In reply to Maisie:

Wow!  You would think the pond had been there for years, looking at those plants.  What a great job you did.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Maisie:

It's been fascinating watching the dragonflies hatch!

Sorry if the pics come out the wrong way round!

• In reply to Maisie:

Maisie, it looks absolutely wonderful, so natural & pretty ... am a green as your greenery!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr