Frog spawn anyone?

A friend of mine has just informed me that they have had frog spawn in their pond overnight.Frogs generally seem to be synchronised in most areas so hopefully I will be getting mine soon!

We are on the Isle of Wight,anyone else got any yet?

It's not always easy to hug a hedgehog.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

• Hi MP. No sign of anything up here in West Lothian. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for some frog spawn in my new pond, but even if it does arrive, I suspect it may be three or four weeks later than any in the far south.

Paul

My bird photos HERE

• We are in Essex. First big ball of spawn yesterday. Two today!

• In reply to Froggy:

No spawn as yet but have spotted a pair of frogs getting jiggy..need some more overnight rain so their friends can make the perilous journey and join them

• In reply to karin fall:

Taunton in Somerset. There have been fogs about for about a week. Two days ago we had our first spawn but today they have been doing really well and there are lots more clumps

Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts - Henry David Thoreau

• In reply to Frog Prince:

Did a bit of tidying in my south London garden yesterday and disturbed two toads in a clinch so expecting spawn anyday now - might even be there now. The toads usually go first then the frogs. I shall have to put my toad ladders out - during breeding season they waddle down the steps to the patio area and can't get up again - the frogs manage OK though.

sharon fuller
  • In reply to Sharon Fuller:

Still nothing in my garden pond.I shall have to take a stroll to the 2 local ponds and see if anything is happening there!

• In reply to madpenguin:

Have now checked said ponds and they are heaving with frog spawn!

My pond seems to have been overlooked so far :(

• In reply to madpenguin:

Could you post a pic of your toad ladders SF, would be very interesting to see!

Hope you get frog eggs soon MP!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

I've been going out to my wildlife pond daily here in Knowsley, Merseyside to see if any frogs have arrived back, hoping that I'll get frogspawn very soon.  Last night I spotted a frog in the pond and so now I'm playing the waiting game to see if any other frogs arrive and whether I'll be fortunate enough to get frogspawn.

I'd actually took a walk a few nights earlier to a nearby nature pond to see if there was any frogspawn there but found nothing so perhaps now the temperature has started to rise they're coming to life again and breeding is imminent.

Fingers crossed.

See my Wildlife Pond Project Blog HERE
  • In reply to Figgy:

Woke this morning to finally find frogspawn in my pond.

See my Wildlife Pond Project Blog HERE