• It's all gone fruity

I'm heavy with cold at the moment (it's probably better than being heavy with child, I guess), but that's not stopping me taking my 'morning constitutional' - a leisurely walk around the garden.

In fact, with the sun shining this morning after seemingly days of heavy rain, it was probably the best therapy going - and I need to get better because there's a large pond that needs digging before the ground…

• Magnifico. Splendido. Perfetto!

Back in April, I had the huge pleasure of visiting Alessandra and Steven Towell and their plant-stuffed (and wildlife-filled) garden in Hemel Hempstead.

I hope you enjoyed the photos (and maybe even the text!) in the recent issue of Nature's Home.

While I was there, enjoying traditional Italian Easter cake, Alessandra and Steven asked me about whether I felt they should make another pond. Well, it's a huge weight…

• Guaranteed to make you go 'Ahhhhh!'

Sometimes my aim of getting a blog out every Friday goes for a burton - life just gets in the way. It's that time of year when I get home from work, rush a meal through, and then get into the garden until the last vestiges of light force me in to flop.

Never mind - what there is at this time of year is just no end of stories to be told from the garden. And I don't just mean from MY garden.

For example, I…

• Giving nature a home: A snapshot of high summer

Sometimes there are too many words, don't you think? Once in a while, it's just nice to let nature speak for itself. Here is nature doing the talking in my garden this week...