• Gardeners World Live looms - so bring out the old wellies

The Gardeners World events team at RSPB headquarters have sent me through some photos to tease and tantalise.
    Here's what to me looks like a boat used to store toilet rolls.
    And here are what could be some gardeners playing a game of Twister that has gone horribly wrong...
    All I can tell you is that if you make your way along to Gardeners World Live at the NEC between 12-15 June, you will find out what it…
  • Unearthing nature's secrets

As I announced last week, fate has dropped into my lap one of the biggest challenges of my life – a new garden an acre in size and a bit like a mini Lost Gardens of Heligan. Once much-loved, it is now overgrown and effectively abandoned.

As a friend said to me when she visited this week, “I wouldn’t have a clue where to start.” Well, in my view the first step in a new garden is actually the easiest – stop and find…

• Come with me on a 'giving nature a home' journey...

For a number of years now, I have been reliably blogging every Friday with barely a hitch.

And then in the last few weeks it has all gone to pot. I'm hoping you'll forgive me, because I think I have got the most amazing wildlife gardening excuse.

This:

Yes, I've bought a new garden. It's big. And it's in a right old state!

My dream garden would be an absolute blank canvas. But this is a close…