Bird feeder catch tray?

Hi.

I am currently looking for a replacement bird feeder for the one I have now which is the roamwild pestoff.

https://roamwildproducts.co.uk/products/roamwild-squirrel-proof-bird-feeders

This seems to have worked well, the squirrel has gone nowhere near it and only the small birds can access it - due to the design.

However since putting in sunflower hearts we have attracted a lot of goldfinches recently which is lovely. The problem is that they do seem to be messy eaters and I have noticed that loads of the seeds are actually falling on the ground (way more than when it was just the blue tits and robin visiting. Of course this is wasting a lot of the seed - and also attracting the squirrel to come and clean up underneath (and possibly even other rodents too).

So my question is. Can anyone recommend a bird feeder with a catch tray that is also only for small birds and "squirrel proof". Or does anyone have any idea where I can get something to attach to the bottom of my current feeder to catch the falling seeds. . . .the ones I have seen online seem to be stand alone trays that would probably be too heavy (and probably even hang too low) as the current one is only about 3 foot off the ground as it is.

Or maybe someone has a good idea of something I could easily make? I would only be able to hang it from the 2 sticky out things that the birds stand on. I worry that it will just fall off and maybe even that birds could fly into whatever I use to hang it there (was currently thinking about some way to make fishing wire more noticeable to a bird).

Anyway, hopefully someone here might come up with something that I may not have come across or thought of. Thanks.

• i just concreted a little circle around my bird feeder, and let the ground feeding birds eat them all up. you'll get robins and starlings and blackbirds, but probably feral pigeons and wood pigeons too
  • I made a little contraption using one of those little plasic saucers that sit underneath plant pots. It does seem quite succesful. Remember to drill a few drainage holes for water to escape. Every now and then I scrape out the wet seeeds that do seem to settle and germinate. But it does do the job.

•      Hi have you looked at the RSPB shop on line they do a feeder with a guard and tray that screws to the base of the feeder. I have a large and two medium of the feeders and trays. These are hung from a chain from my tree branches, I also have a suet feeder and a fat ball feeder and these are hung from the tree with 30lb fishing braid, the braid stops the squirrel from getting to the suet and fat ball feeders.

bird feeders due a clean tomorrow and re filling in case you asked