Thrush flight behaviour?

• In reply to Mike B:

Cats, as I'm sure you know Mike, are complicated.

Their socialization period (the crucial one) occurs by many accounts quite early in their lives. Miss it, and you'll always be able to tell whenever you're around the animal.

Unfortunately, like masks these last 20 months or so, cats are far too easily disposable for our or their own good.

Dave 

• In reply to Dave - CH:

Totally agree, quite a few people buy pets without the realisation of the work they’ll need to put in
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

Dave - CH said:

Cats, as I'm sure you know Mike, are complicated.

Their socialization period (the crucial one) occurs by many accounts quite early in their lives. Miss it, and you'll always be able to tell whenever you're around the animal.

Unfortunately, like masks these last 20 months or so, cats are far too easily disposable for our or their own good.

Dave 

.... and very strong willed.

They usually make the rules, not us.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to ellis187:

ellis187 said:
    Totally agree, quite a few people buy pets without the realisation of the work they’ll need to put in

That sadly is very true.

There's been a lot of reports of lockdown puppies being taken to dogs homes for rehoming!

While I don't condone that, I do feel it more responsible (after the irresponsible purchase on a whim) than just dumping the poor dog, or even worse, maiming it.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler