Hole in housemartin nest

I've had housemartins nesting every year above my bedroom window since I moved in 4 years ago.
They've returned and their nest has a hole in the side. I first saw them this season on Friday 7th May, when I saw a bird sat in the nest and the birds flying in and out of it. I was working all weekend and have just checked this morning, the hole  is still there and a bird is sat in the nest.
Will they patch up the hole? They haven't done so over the weekend. I'm terribly worried they'll not bother, and any eggs will fall out.
PS I know my fascia boards/soffits/whatever they called need attention, but I'm ignoring that for now :)
Shall I do anything or leave them to it? Instinct says to leave them.

• OMG!!! I can't BELIEVE you put your fascia/sofits/whatever on public display like that Loulou!! JoyJoy

Leave the nest be, as firstly it's against the law to interfere (even with good intentions) to a nest that is being inhabited, and secondly Martins have been building nests for many many years, and know what they're doing better than we do Grinning

Feel free to post some suitably socially distanced pics of the comings and goings through the season Grinning

• Thank you so much!
    As an update, those birds are making a monkey of me as I looked at lunchtime and saw they have started to rebuild the hole with mud lumps! So they have finally cracked on with repairing the walls as soon as I posted here for advice.

I will keep a photo diary and update here :-)

My neighbours will wonder what I'm up to leaning backwards out of the window taking photos, but it will keep them entertained.