Swan trying to drown another

Id like to tell you about something that happened today and see what you all have to say.
My 9 year old daughter and I went to our local wildlife park as we do daily to feed the birds my daughter has tamed a Robin there and insists we visit him daily.
We were having a stroll around the lake when I noticed the traffic in the nearby road at a standstill and a Swan sitting in the middle of the road. I went over to it and shooed it back to the lake where there were 2 more swans ( a new breeding pair, the male from the old breeding pair died last year, his widow was attacked by the new male Swan and is now in a sanctuary) I walked back down to the lake and noticed the male on top of this unwelcome new male, drowning it. As a member of a local bird rescue I quickly called for an experienced wildlife expert to attend and thankfully he was literally 2 minutes from the location. He arrived and managed to separate the pair, something I couldn't do myself as my daughter was beside herself seeing this all unfold. He told me that this unwelcome Swan had obviously flown in thinking it looked like a nice place to settle and the new male was having none of it, becoming territorial. He took away the Swan where he released it a few miles away at a local river. My question is, what if it tries to come back? It was horrific to see this Swan suffer. I have video footage in which I sent the wildlife guy just to ensure I wasn't over reacting and that it was in fact drowning the other Swan. Is it likely the Swan will try and return? Our old breeding pair were never this vicious.