Swift nest?

Our neighbours have just had a fascia and cladding fitted to the front of their house. There are lots of swifts in our street and I've just watched a pair attemping to go under the eaves where the newly fitted fascia is.  I saw a number attempts before one possibly made it, but I haven't seen it come back out (the light is fading and they move fast!)

I don't know for certain if there is a nest on this house, I've never seen any swifts going in and out of the eaves before, but then I've never looked before! They do nest on a number houses in the street. 

The whole house has recently been refurbished, with lots of on going work and new people move in a few weeks ago, although we rarely see them and haven't spoken to them at all.

I know it's illegal to disburb nests but I don't know if this counts? Like I said, I don't know for certain if there is a nest there.

Is there anything that can be done? How would I report it?

Thanks

• Sorry no one has answered. Have only come across your post just now.As you say it is illegal to interfere with any nest, wherever it may be, in a tree, bush, box, roof, until it is safe to do so, once the birds have gone from the site. This would be done at the back end of the year, when you are allowed to clean and clear out sites. Really roofing work should not have been carried out just now.

This will bump the post up for you, hopefully someone else can offer advice regarding what cold be done and who to speak to.