Unusual pigeons

Hi, I’m new, I hope it’s ok to ask this. We have had a couple of really unusual looking pigeons coming to the garden for a couple of weeks now but tonight they’ve done something really unusual - they are on a window sill upstairs and weren’t bothered at all when we went really quite up close to the window! To me they look healthy and plump and responsive (curious about noises etc). Last time we checked they were asleep... on the window sill. Can’t see any rings on their legs... Are they wild birds? Should we do anything?

• Lovely colour, looks as if they've found a comfy roost, sorry I can't help but have alerted someone who knows a bit about pigeons!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Have had a message that hopefully there will be info for you tomorrow!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Susie, they are pet birds (fancy pigeons) and should not be in the wild. I suspect they have escaped from an aviary or have been released because they are no longer wanted. They need to be recaptured as they will not survive in the wild. Are you able to catch them?

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

I’m afraid not immediately! We haven’t got a cage or anything to put them in, but not sure we would really know how to go about catching them even if we could source one quickly (which I will try nonetheless)

Any advice would be most welcome... they are still on the window sill, they appear to be pruning their feathers (they are really cute by the way)
  • In reply to SusieDevon:

(Also thank you for your response <3, I’m secretly hoping for an outcome where we can keep them because they’re lovely)