Dead robin chick in nest

Good morning, I sadly discovered that the little nest I had been watching in my garden every morning now contains a dead check. The parents haven't removed it and don't seem to be about anymore even though they were here everyday bringing food to the chick. I'd like them to be able to use the nest again, should I remove the chick and if so do I have to wear gloves or do something to avoid putting human smell on the nest. I must say say that the stress of these times made me absolutely sob when I discovered the bird. It had been such a joy every morning to see the birds flit around in the garden and it just broke my heart.... I would love to attract another bird family if possible.

Thanks!

• Hi, there weren't any others. There is another egg that slipped to the edge of the nest that is still there. Does this mean they won't try again this Spring?
  • So sorry to hear and so sad. I made the same discovery last night and it’s upsetting. We’ve got a robins nest behind our shed, built in a bulk bag that was tucked away. The robin had 4/5 eggs and 3 hatched. One died quite early and was outside the nest (just noticed this today) the other two have no movement. I think they hatched last Wednesday. They were being looked after well and the parents are still in and out of our garden. The nest was well sheltered and would not have been too hot as it’s in a cool place, the only possibility would be that it was too cold. Is this likely?