Blackbirds in my Garage

Hi There

Just looking for reassurance and confirmation that I just need to leave them alone and not worry about them getting out. 

Before spring a decent sized chunk fell off above my garage door meaning there is quite a wide gap. I rarely use the garage other than to store the lawn mower along with various bikes and other bits. Went in the other day to get the lawn mower only to be met with a fledgling perched on my bike seat staring at me. Not too worried about the mess as that will clean up but wonder if the fledglings will be trapped or their parent will coax them out of the gap above the door? Its not an option to leave the door open but I don't want them to be trapped inside. I suspect there maybe more than one. 

I've left them alone and now that I pay attention the mother can be seen regularly bringing food. 

Thanks for any advice.

Jason

• Hi Jason. You are very lucky to have your nest in such a safe place. I have blackbirds nest 3 or 3 times a year (twice already this year) in my garden honeysuckle. When the chicks fledge I am in a constant state of panic every time the parents start up with their warning calls. Sadly I had to watch a neighbours dog kill one recently Worried as I wasn't able to get to it in time. Your bird/s will almost certainly find their way out. Enjoy!