Injures staling?

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with this young starlings foot? It visits me daily for food and the injury appears to be getting worse

• Apologies the heading should have read injured starling
  • Hi, this might be an inflammation and clotting of a vein in the foot possibly through hitting it. Young starlings tendons are still developing and he might of landed awkwardly and hit it and now the area is inflamed. I think most go away after a few weeks but if still bad and gets worse i dont think there is much you can do unless you can capture him without a lot of stress to the bird and take him to the vet?

Please give updates, it would be really interesting to see if it is something harmless or something more worrying.
    Hope he gets better soon.
  • Thanks for your update, I thought this may be the case and noticed that the injury had been bleeding slightly yesterday. It is still the same size and doesn’t appear to be getting any better. The starling will now often tuck the injured leg up leaving him wobbling about on the strong one. Apart from this the bird appears healthy and alert and thankfully able to dodge the neighbours cats with ease.

If it came to having to catch him to take him for treatment this would be easy enough and he now eats directly from my hand.