Two days ago after living here for 14 years I moved a small bird box as I did a bird flew out. A blue tit. Now the bright coloured one has returned twice do you think they might come back to nest again ?

2 days ago after living here for 14 years I moved a small bird box but never any birds so yesterday I decided to move it I couldn't believe it we saw a bird blue tit fly out the male has returned twice but not gone back in do you think they will still be nesting in there or have I scared them off ? 

• I would put it back immediately, they may still use it depending how far the nesting was, or they may have been spooked away.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Presumably there were no eggs or young in there?
  • I don't know because she flew off and I immediately put it back. But the male has returned several times today but not getting right up to the box he does a lot of chirping so I presume she's still in there I don't get too close so as not to frighten them. He's returned a lot more today ?? Do you think she's still in there ?
  • In reply to Robbo:

I don't know as soon as she flew off and I immediately put it back he has returned a lot more today and doing a lot of chirping so I presume she's still in there I don't get too close so as not to frighten them he's not going right up to the box but getting closer do you think she's still in there ?
  • Good news has come back and feeding again x
  • That's good Julia, you did the right thing then. Good luck with the babies, keep us posted.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.