Fireworks

• soundproofpanda.com/.../
    Silent/Low Noise Fireworks: How Good Are They And What Are They!
    It explains as well how these fireworks work! Hope this link works

Regards,

Ian.

• In reply to Dave - CH:

Not sure they have to bang Dave, fizz maybe as gunpowder is involved.
    I remember having fireworks in the garden as a kid ( 60's) and many just fizzed pretty colours and even those that did bang, eg Roman candles, were nothing on the ones that I hear today...
  • In reply to THOMO:

Yes, Thomo, you're right. The link does work.

I'd copy-pasted. I'm a bit wary of links in forums.

Very interesting, thank you. Particularly that, via the second link, you can actually see a display that uses them.
  • In reply to David M:

David M said:
    Not sure they have to bang Dave

Sorry David, I was actually referring (not very clearly, I see now) to the kinds of fireworks that most people seem to use today.

Getting a projectile up high (before you actually do anything much with it) is always going to make a noise.

Although since owning a garden trampoline seems now to be obligatory in the UK, perhaps there's scope there...

Yes, we too had fireworks in the garden (the 70s for me), but that's the point I think. They were in the garden. Nowadays even domestic "displays" apparently need to be for the entire neighbourhood, and if possible, visible from the ISS.

With my limited understanding of pyrotechnics this just compounds the noise issue.

Which is basically why I can't stand them any more.

Dave 

• In reply to David M:

David M said:
    Not sure they have to bang Dave, fizz maybe as gunpowder is involved.

I remember having fireworks in the garden as a kid ( 60's) and many just fizzed pretty colours and even those that did bang, eg Roman candles, were nothing on the ones that I hear today...

Catherine Wheels, that often would spin off the centre piece and Jumping Jacks, that you never knew where next they would jump to and bang from....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• We own and live on ONB Land. It is home to multiple wildlife , and we also have pet dogs, ducks and a goat. Increasingly, the fireworks have become nearer and louder. All our pets and wild life suffer terribly as a result of fireworks. They are terrified, yet there is nothing we can do to stop the noise and smell !! - what about the environment - COP!! It’s so wrong . Especially when silent fireworks are available!! Having grown up with fireworks, the ones today are just miniature bombs and should be banned!!!
  • In reply to Janey-B:

Janey, I'm curious on 'ONB land', and not wanting to assume wrongly what would be the obvious, could you clarify 'ONB'.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Office of Nightmarish Bangs (part of DEFRA)?

Dave