Trying again.......another Driven Grouse Shooting petition.

• Please can someone arrange a hunt near me I can attend, I want 50 foxes to chase down a lot of huntspeople running scared

http://www.jrs-photography.co.uk

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:

I've signed it but I don't hold up much hope of any action.

I'm trying not to dwell on that.  You're probably right, but if nobody tries to do anything then nothing will change.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Incidents like this one are just a small part of why I'd like to see an end to this so-called sport.

More like un-Natural England.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Signed, Ian

• In reply to Ian S:

5,517 now.  It's climbing steadily - and it's got months ahead of it to climb much further.

• In reply to Clare:

Blimey, I've just read Mark Avery's blog on the culling of LBB gulls on Bowland. I'd no idea this was going on. It just makes me sick to my stomach. And there was I naively thinking that Natural England was on the side of wildlife. It seems not. No wonder Hen Harriers are under such threat.

Thanks for the link Clare

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to Clare:

Signed, 5526 now.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    Blimey, I've just read Mark Avery's blog on the culling of LBB gulls on Bowland. I'd no idea this was going on. It just makes me sick to my stomach. And there was I naively thinking that Natural England was on the side of wildlife. It seems not. No wonder Hen Harriers are under such threat.

Apparently the official reason they do it is to stop the gulls fouling the water..........but gulls, being what they are, take eggs as well.  It's obvious that this is the real reason for the culling.  Sadly, there's not likely to be a public outcry over the mass killing of a bird which isn't a popular one - in fact I come across a frightening number of people who would like to see ALL of our larger gulls wiped out.  Horrendous.

• In reply to Clare:

Up to 5,617 now.

• In reply to Clare:

Now 5719.

TJ, News to me, too--terrible!

Kind regards, 

Ann