The second Hen Harrier Day at Rainham Marshes - and a protest march in London this coming Saturday.

• In reply to Seaman:

On the same subject, just came across this item about poor Sally the Montagues harrier, sat tagged too, but she disappeared anyway www.telegraph.co.uk/.../sally-bbc-autumnwatch-harrier-has-illegally-killed-rspb-fear . It's a disgrace that there isn't a lot more publicity about the disappearence. So sad! It should be headline news for a week.

Found this Blog too http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/ourwork/b/investigations/archive/2017/08/15/the-end-of-sally.aspx

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Thanks Clare for the good report and pics, this should be reported until people really get to see what is happening to our magnificent birds.   Too many have to idea despite C. Packham and all his efforts.

Just read Hazel's post - sickened again.   I agree with you that it should be reported daily until action is taken.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

I might put this on it's own thread gaynor as it will get lost on here!

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Good idea Hazel, posts disappear so quickly and that needs to be broadcast to everyone.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Another satellite tracked youngster gone - read about her here.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

That is so sad Clare, thanks for the link. As it is presumably private land, the landowners & police are responsible for finding out what happened to this hen harrier.  Why don't the local police demande a list of all the people who were in the area with a gun on the day she disappeared. They must know who all the guests were who payed a fortune to particpate on this day of slaughter.

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Thanks for the link Clare, more devastating news just leaves me wordless.   I know what I would like to do with those grouse shooting enthusiasts.  Will anything change?  Surely one day....

Lot to learn