Removing a Starlings Nest

Hi. For the last 10 years or more I've had 2 sparrows nests in the eves of my house, front and back. They were in my garden all throughout the day, feeding and doing whatever sparrows do and on a few occasions they have even ventured in through my back door when it was left open through the summer. I live in a modern housing estate where almost everyone seems to have cats so I guess they felt safe in my back garden as cat access was difficult and I have a dog that keeps them at bay. This year though starlings have evicted them. I don't mind starlings (despite the racket they make in the eves) except for the fact that they bully all the other birds and stop them from feeding and it only takes a few starlings to keep away a dozen sparrows and the various other garden birds that stop by. The sparrows still inhabit the hedges that line the road at the rear of my house but so do a lot of the cats. As sparrows are in decline I'd like to encourage them back into their old nests in the eves if possible. How can I do this? I've put up feeders for the sparrows containing sunflower hearts and I'm considering clearing out the old nests. Is this a good idea?