Watching the Decline

During the last 10 years I have watched in horror the decline in Swallows, Thrushes, and Bees of all varieties in Bedfordshire's Great Ouse Valley. On the flip side I have noticed stability in the populations of Wood Pidgeons, Magpies, and Jackdaws, and in my garden I have enjoyed seeing a growth in the Sparrow population which I ascribe to the installation of Sparrow Flats and the turning of my lawn into a hay meadow. Today I have received a request from the SumOfUs for support to fight the the global bee die-off which it is said has been happening so fast that scientists are still scrambling to detect all the impacts. And now, it is alleged, a new study finds that neonic pesticides are killing warblers, swallows, starlings and thrushes nearly as fast as the bees, and at current rates, 35 percent of the bird population will disappear in just 10 years in the areas studied. I am minded to give my support to their efforts to achieve a world ban on neonic pesticides but first someone please advise me what action is the RSPB taking on this matter.