Hobby (Falco subbuteo) 2022 (Dorset (c) WildlifeWindows)

Live stream - https://youtu.be/TNIiT1f0EgA

WildlifeWindows YT Channel - www.youtube.com/.../wildlifewindows

First hatch this morning - and it so happened that I started downloading the stream last night, so here it is Hatching chickHugging

Unfortunately there's no IR on this nestcam.

As some of you know, I shouldn't be spending time on this - but will try to post "interesting" bits ufn.

• Salient points all covered admirably by BART Hugging  (I hope you can tell me what software you are using, as my clipper is now unsupported by developer and therefore big trouble looms) nevertheless, the final 2 days' sample "highlights":

05 August

06 August

Maybe we'll get news of sightings in the area, we wish them well!

• Hi Scilla.
    I use 4k video downloader to download... video's ;-) but that doesn't work on livestreams..
    So I replay the live stream at certain points and then record using screen recorder by cyberlink I had the full video suite a couple of years ago, but that was kind of expensive.. the screen recorder kept working though..
    It's a bit cumbersome to replay the video, but it's just as easy to go through the footage on yt and select some parts.. maybe I will go looking for a good stream download tool eventually.

For the editing part I recently started using Shotcut to make the video's.. I has tons of options for export (including gif's) and good enough editing options for my purposes.. and it's open source (for me a pro), free and really stable compared to some others..

Oh.. btw.. the nest has been completely empty today
  • Thank you for sharing all that info, BART!

Bart molenaar said:
    I use 4k video downloader to download... video's ;-) but that doesn't work on livestreams
    Bart molenaar said:
    maybe I will go looking for a good stream download tool eventually.

I use Jaksta Media Recorder for Windows (also available for Mac) for live streams (it works for almost any video).  Not free, but the developer does provide support on a forum (not instant, but he gets around to you eventually), and once you've paid you're done, and licences for 2nd or 3rd devices are quite cheap.  I don't know of a free downloader that will do the job.

Edit September 2023 - Unfortunately, "once you've paid you're done" no longer applies - possibly due to a takeover, the software is now licensed for an annual fee.

Bart molenaar said:
    it's just as easy to go through the footage on yt and select some parts

I find it very difficult, so I do it only in an emergency!  Besides, if screen-capturing on this laptop I have to stop doing anything else. like editing or posting, so that's a no-no Astonished 

Bart molenaar said:
    For the editing part I recently started using Shotcut

Checking my "ProgramSetups" folder, I see that I installed that in April 2018 - but the preview was too small and I never had enough free time to persevere and learn it.  I shall try it again when our osprey season is over... I hope!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking that this should be in the Tech Test thread, but as it's the end of events on this nest, we may be forgiven Stuck out tongue winking eye 

• I think I can still hear a call though, so it might have survived the fall..
  • broomest - this was last years thread and the Hobby that fell was believed lost