Woodland Trust Twig ID

I hope everyone has had a fabulous Christmas, and weather permitting (I'm currently review plans to build an ark, its been almost 14 days of rain, Scream the garden is awash) and no doubt some of you will have walks, short or long, in mind.

For the youngsters (well, all ages I guess, including me), I saw from the Woodland Trust what looks a great chart to use to identify twigs, and many of us know how the junior members like to play with twigs....

Woodland Trust Nature Detectives Twig Chart   https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/media/48347/twig-id-sheet.pdf

PS It might help me find the right twigs to builds my ark! Thinking 

• Great bit of info from the Woodland Trust Mike, it could good for the grandsons as their school holidays seem quite long this time. As for timber for your ark maybe Balsa would suit your purpose. I remember reading about it being used for the raft for the Kon Tiki expedition which crossed  the  South  Pacific 

• Wendy S said:

Great bit of info from the Woodland Trust Mike, it could good for the grandsons as their school holidays seem quite long this time. As for timber for your ark maybe Balsa would suit your purpose. I remember reading about it being used for the raft for the Kon Tiki expedition which crossed  the  South  Pacific 

You're welcome. It was the thought of families going out for woodland walks during the Christmas break that made me think of sharing the sheet.

I had read a book about Thor Heyerdahl and his raft Kon Tiki, but completely forgotten about that.

As for building the ark, I had been looking at Teak, Oak, Mahogany, Cedar, or Plywood, and then persuading the bank for a loan..... 

PS, I see the forecast is for drier weather, but they've got it wrong before..... Confused  Joy 

• Mike I have access to a pile of old pallets is you want to make a start