(C) Dorset Wildlife Trust Lorton Meadows Barn Owls combined with (C) Len Pick Trust Barn Owl Project 2020

• Just visited & there are two Ian ... also just read that cam will go off sometime this month!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Both in this morning,it was lovely very early hearing them outside.

What as shame we will not be able to continue to follow these Two,through the winter months, still we are very lucky, for being able to continue at the mo..

I did see on the chat below cam a few days ago, there is a separate forum set up, for those who want to follow all things Owlie over the winter.

EDIT

copied from DWTChat

Ruth Jeffcoate

Hi Nicky Fox! Since this site will be closing down shortly, a few of us have joined a private chat group called Owls at Home so that we continue to keep in touch and discuss all things owl. We wondered if you would like to join? If you are interested, search for the group and ask for an invitation. Jean Denyer is the adminstrator. If you can't find us, she can send you a friend request and do it that way. Just if you are interested! Cheers.

• 18.00 on 21 September, the camera is still on and both are in the box. Ian
  • Yes,it's lovely to see these two setting a pattern

They appear to arrive between 07.00 and 08.00and leave early evening for hopefully a good hunt.

One in as I type having a good preen.

EDIT 07.57

Other is hiding or on the outside,can hear it preening.

• When is/was the camera due to be switched off? I had it in my mind that it was scheduled for the end of last week Ian
  • 16.35, they are both in the box. Ian
  • They have both been active within the box today, snuffling in the bedding etc, tis truly lovely to see this extended footage.

As I mentioned a few days ago, the chat seem to think Cam will go off shortly, hence they set up a separate one, for over the Winter.

Enjoying it while we can.

• Thanks, All. Kate, does "they set up a separate one, for over the Winter" mean they set up a camera that we will still be able to watch, too, please?

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    Thanks, All. Kate, does "they set up a separate one, for over the Winter" mean they set up a camera that we will still be able to watch, too, please?

I think it is a seperate chat, Kate can confirm. Ian

• Thanks, Ian.

Kind regards, 

Ann