Falcon Cam Project, Orange NSW 2019

We have a pair in the box

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• The routine continues.  Di loves her scrape.

Silly combo snap showing her postions inside:

IMAGICAT

• Last night Diamond slept on the ledge until 21:30, then repaired to her corner:

IMAGICAT

• 20:00 on the 10th - Di settling in with a nice full crop:

IMAGICAT

• Am missing LIMPY here !!!  Hope all is as well as can be expected with the whole family :-* 

Also, have been missing Xavier for several days, but maybe he's been too quick for me.

Diamond has been continuing her usual routine, dividing her time between flying high and resting on the ledge or in Stony Corner.  Here she was at about 07:30, when the sun suddenly came out:

IMAGICAT

• Well!  This must have been Xavier but what's he up to?!  He brought a bird to the ledge, waited, vocalising, then when Diamond arrived (and admittedly may have bumped him in the bum) he dashed off with it!

Diamond waited around for a while and then flew.  When she returned hours later it didn't look as tho she'd eaten:

Two "flying ants" took refuge from the rain:

Diamond is still "out" as I type.

IMAGICAT

• Could it have been Pluto? The other day I think someone on YouTube chat reckoned they had heard/seen him. Ian
  • Ian S said:
    Could it have been Pluto? The other day I think someone on YouTube chat reckoned they had heard/seen him. Ian

Maybe it was, Ian :)  I never followed Pluto's season, unfortunately - not that I'd recognise him anyway.

When Di returned after another trip out she didn't look as plump-cropped as sometimes but certainly not hollow:

Towards bedtime she did some flexes and had a potter around the scrape:

And eventually retired to Stony Corner:

IMAGICAT

• 10 o'clock in the evening Diamond pottered out of her corner and had a look around from the ledge, then had a poop and back to the corner:

After Diamond had left Xavier popped in for 10 minutes, vocalising, Diamond didn't return while he was there:

IMAGICAT

• Someone pooped on a pebble :o   I wonder how long that's been there without me noticing ;)

IMAGICAT

• Diamond spent the night of 16/17 in Stony Corner (sorry, Di, I didn't know it was a poop that I would capture when you shifted into view):

After she'd left in the morning Xavier turned up with breakfast but she didn't turn up for it:

She arrived in the afternoon and had a jolly good preen but it was very shaded.  After a couple of trips out she returned and chose to sleep on the ledge, at least until midnight which is as far as I've got:

IMAGICAT