Cornish Barn Owls 2019 (C) Barn Owl Trust & Wildlife TV ... all pics/vids posted with their kind permission!

New thread ready for first pic of 2019!

2018 thread here: https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/wildlife-on-the-web/196059/cornish-barn-owls-2018 

Very pleased to add this link to a heart-warming story from BOT which Sandra has posted in main thread but will, of course, disappear very quickly ...

https://www.barnowltrust.org.uk/releasing-a-barn-owl-a-great-way-to-start-the-year/ 

• Last night between the barn door being opened and Kate getting going ;) ...

Female was in the box, male entered, short 'n lively interlude (wait for screech) - after she left, the male hung around for a minute and exited.

• Brilliant, thanks Scylla! :)

12:23 She's still in the box. EB

12:27 Male is back, on the tray

12:34 She joins him on the tray

12:39 She's back in the box

12:50 I'm signing off as I need to go out but will be back later Slight smile

• Brill vid Scylla, they certainly very animated,love the sounds you scapped. well done than yooooooooo

Once I knew Sandra was scapping this morning I knew it was safe to go (Thanks Sandra)

• 20.30, one in the box and one on the back beam. Ian

EDIT - as I was making my first post there was some coming & going, I think at one point both had left but one came back & is now on the front beam.

• SunnyKate2 said:

This site (RSPB) a nightmare,

SYL

I've had much difficulty getting onto the CF since late this afternoon

20:42 One on the front beam. EN

• Ian S said:

20.30, one in the box and one on the back beam. Ian

EDIT - as I was making my first post there was some coming & going, I think at one point both had left but one came back & is now on the front beam.

Thanks Ian

20:33 He was in the near right corner, she came in and then he left the box and barn. She followed

20:34 One back in

• 20:55

21:35

21:46

21:52

21:53 It flew to the exit

22:26 There was a flash of white at the lower middle part of the screen going up and off to the left, don't know what it was, maybe a large moth close to the cam

22:40 EN/EB Goodnight

• (The Community was down when I tried to get in yesterday.)

Not long after you signed off, SANDRA, a quick in 'n out:

Then only a short time later - only about 3 minutes checking the floor:

Then there was a fly-in to the back beam, only stayed a short while and out the way it came.

Then a fly-in to front beam, stayed an hour then went to middle beam, stayed half an hour and then to tray and into box, only stayed a minute:

Had a scratch on the tray then flew downwards - did it see a mouse?

That's up to 00:40hr.

(I did actually put the sound on the above 2 hours of barn but couldn't get it anywhere near synchronised.)

Since then, more ins and outs but am too tired to detail them, but I thought you'd like to see 2 little heads behind the box ;)

• Morning all 06.40

One in Box and one on Tray

Missed entry and lost Barn Cam .. both in Box 07.10

mutual preening and chirruping. Awh!

• Good morning all
    Thank you for the overnight and early morning updates :)
    8:25 Both resting

10:02 LS is very jittery/freezing