Cornish Barn Owls 2017

*** 2017 ***

Happy New Year !!!

Welcome to our little group following the Cornish Barn Owls, hoping for a successful season in 2017.

We have a couple (female ringed) getting to know each other, no mating yet (that we have seen).

There was a visit to the barn earlier, didn't stay long, floated out stage right:

Techie note for newbies:

The barn cam is still badgering a lot and while it's not the stream is still on-off-on-off - the intermittent sound being the telltale - and there's a huge, variable lag on it.

• Can only see two babes in the nest box. Assume 1 has gone on a longer flight?

• Wendy, thank you for the vid, beautiful owlets! :D

20:35 I don't know when #1 left the box (not visible in barn ATM) but only #2 and #3 in. The one nearest the cam went out after this scap was taken.

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Unknown said:

Can only see two babes in the nest box. Assume 1 has gone on a longer flight?

Hi Jassy. All three were in the box at 16:45, I haven't had a chance to look in until now.

• 20:58 #2 and #3 are on the tray, still no sign of #1.

• I have been watching for about 2 hours - only two there throughout.  Hope 1 is safe.

• It should show when the prey drops start arriving - fingers crossed!

21:12 One of the owlets building up its wing muscles

Losing the LS a lot this evening

22:10 Delivery to the owlet on the tray (I think #3 as it has always had the loudest call and that had stopped!)

22:31 The wanderer (#1) returns! :D

22:38

23:21 Delivery which #1 grabbed. She took it into the box and was followed in by #2 who managed to snatch it while #1 was cleaning its talons (#1 doesn't appear to be hungry, maybe it's eaten outside of the barn).

23:29

23:42 Delivery to #3, eaten straight away

23:50 Delivery to #3 again, brought it into the box

23:56 Delivery to #2, brought into the box too. #3 still holding onto its prey

A very noisy reception from #3

00:09 #3 on the left; #2 under the pop hole; #1 has flown out of view in the barn.

The LS has needed quite a few refreshes tonight. Goodnight ladies :)

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Morning ladies.

Good scaps sandra.

All THRE around. 2 in box one out flapping around Barn, flying to the left of beams and back, Is now in the Box and their is still prey, lying around.

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Thank you again everyone for the pictures.  I still can't get sound, sadly.  I tried changing browsers, but that didn't work either. At least I can see them.  All three in the nestbox this morning.

• I agree with Jassy--thanks for all the pics and posts!  I've seen some of them, fortunately, but not all.  Not sure if the problem is here or elsewhere, but Sandra, more than half of your captures from your last post last night have not shown, and Kate, only one pic in your last post above is showing.  Odd. This sort of thing has been happening since the middle of our holiday last week.  On the way home later today so it will be interesting to see if it changes when we arrive home.