Sheffield Peregrine webcam 2014

Following on from last years thread...http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/wildlife/f/2543/t/97814.aspx

It seems they have a brand new nesting ledge (without paint lol) they have already been seen checking it out.

http://efm.dept.shef.ac.uk/peregrine/

Copyright..the University of Sheffield

I've emailed the University for permission to post the screen grabs, if i don't get the permission i will ask the mods to remove the thread

• Had to happen D ... as you said it would!! Rofl  Haven't been using copywright on this thread as they say it all on the side of the nest box!

• As mentioned a day or two ago I was in Sheffield this pm so I took the opportunity to pop up to the site. Unfortunately I didn't have as much time as I'd hoped, so all I saw was an adult guarding the nest - no flights in or out, or chicks peering over the edge. Hey ho! Anyway this is what I did get.

This is the 2014 nest box, with the University and SBSG logos visible (so that's the copyright bit done lol)

One of the adults was perched on the building a little way from the nest, clearly guarding it. I understand one or t'other is in attendance at all times. I THINK this is the male; his moustache isn't as clearly defined because his cheek is more grey than white. Cue the experts!

And here (s)he is a little closer up (thank you cropping tool!)

Time permitting I had planned to nip over the road and get some perspective shots of the building. That wasn't possible so here are some I prepared earlier (ie last year!). This is the former St George's church, now owned and used as a Lecture Theatre by the University of Sheffield.
     The nestbox is at the very top of the clocktower, on the ledge between the base of the left and central spires.

Or to be more precise...

Thanks for looking

Ian

• Thanks Alan and glad to be of help. It's the side of the church facing Broad Lane, as you'll have seen. If you stay around for a while you'll get some flight action.

Ian

• In that case I recommend you take a tram to University stop - a couple of minutes walk away.

• Fabulous views of everything SG, great to see this different perspective & I think this is the male P too given the colour of his chest & the pronounced yellow round the eyes ... Great pics & many thanks for sharing!

Your turn now D!!

• WOW!!  One whole rear end - should be on BU thread really!!

Copywright: Carnyx

• Full house today - what a wondrous sight!!

Copywright: Carnyx

• Awwwww,  good spotting Wendy, they are fabulous and growing rather fast lol

• Starting to look very dark & grown-up (except for their dear little quizzical faces!)

Or, I wonder, are they just wet?

• WendyBartter said:
    Or, I wonder, are they just wet?

Poor little mites, if the weather is anything like here it's been bucketing down,  I'll be joining the Mallards and growing webbed feet at this rate  lol           I really feel for the Blue Tits, Great Tits, Woodpeckers and Nuthatches too who are trying to feed their nestlings and hoping they stay dry and warm the best they can.      I think Sheffield Uni better supply Sou'westers to the peregrines    lol