UNSPRUNG SURPRISE

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I have had a dream come true of late in being made an RSPB Minsmere Volunteer Guide. As a volunteer I was also rewarded an opportunity to go on to the after show programme, Springwatch Unsprung.

This happened last night. The audience (including myself and my friend Tim) arrived and were briefed in the new Discovery Centre. During the briefing we were asked if anyone had a good Bittern story. Both myself and Tim raised our hands (with a few others doing so) and we all gave our account. The producer said that there was possibly a chance that Nick Baker will choose one of the stories and speak to that person. We all then were taken to the BBC Springwatch Village and we watched the show. about 10 minutes from the end we all moved up to where the Cabin is. It was explained that there is a mad dash during the short 20 second interlude from the main programme to the red button Unsprung and if anyone saw the weather last night, well we all looked like drowned rats, But sure enough we rushed into the studio and lined up ready for the show. In walked Nick Baker the Unsprung was off and running.

What happens in the first 4 minutes of the programme will stay with me for the rest of my life. So I ask you, please. Click the link attached and enjoy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b045lbnh/springwatch-unsprung-2014-episode-2

Please feel free to comment after :)

Kind regards

Chappers (and the Wife.)