SPRINGWATCH IS HERE!

... and with us from the 26th May to the 12th June! The Mods will be here live each evening from 8pm onwards throughout the show. So feel free to log on and join us for a chat!

I am sure you all caught the first airing last nite? So what was your favourite bit?

• All of it!!!

Sooo glad it will be on for the foreseeable future!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

I think we are in for a treat tonight. Bittern on nest on the webcam and if you listen you can hear the male booming. Birdwatching doesn't get much better than that. Chris will be rubbing his thighs again.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

The Ladybird piece last night was great,I did not realise the whole life cycle they go through,hungry little beggars as well !!

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Just been reading of the dire weather alerts for possible flooding in East Anglia ... nooooooo!!!   That poor Avocet with it's eggs in the floating nest!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

They haven't shown the best bit yet it's the canteen with the wonderful Tea and sticky buns.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• In reply to Limpy:

The bit on the ladybirds was really interesting - I also loved the badgers and the dancing avocets but my favourite was watching those magnificent white tailed eagles!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Being critical (subjective?), I watched last night and thought there was too much talking and 'presenting', and the balance was therefore wrong. Just my opinion. I have drifted off watching Spring (and Autumn) Watch over the years as it has become very presented.

One reason why the best wildlife presenters became the best and made such popular pgms was that they let the camerawork do much of the 'talking'.

I will watch again as the cuckoo report looks worth catching. I would, however, change the format a lot if I become producer!

• In reply to Robbo:

Loved the ladybird information, it was an amazing transformation that took place.    Also loved the L.R.Plover and chicks who camouflaged so well into the pebbled beach !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Apparently there is some interesting behaviour in the Bittern nest tonight, not for the squeamish so who knows what that might be but should be worth watching!

WendyBartter said:

Just been reading of the dire weather alerts for possible flooding in East Anglia ... nooooooo!!!   That poor Avocet with it's eggs in the floating nest!!

The head warden at Minsmere has just been been interviewed on Springwatch on the red button and all the wardens are checking the water levels on the scrape and the wardens have been reducing the level of the water on the scrape because of the heavy rain.

Regards,

Ian.