Any harriers currently in Wilts?

Afternoon,

Saw a bit of Wilts earlier this week thanks to the closure of the M4.

Anyone know what, if any, harriers might currently be down there (or "up there", depending on where you are)?

Dave 

• Marsh harrier is far and away the most likely harrier there in Oct. Plenty of buzzards of various colouration and red kites, incl paler youngsters.
  • In reply to Robbo:

Thanks Robbo. I'll settle for Marsh Harrier.

Didn't see Buzzards, although 1,500 km through France illustrates amply which in French they're referred to as variable.

All the best - 

Dave 

• I was going to suggest Jump Jet if you were near the museum
  • In reply to PimperneBloke:

PimperneBloke said:
    Jump Jet

Nope. Failed the (quasi) vertical take off test PB.

• In reply to Dave - CH:

Just passed a Harrier this afternoon P B it is the gate guard at R A F Boulmer veteran plane of the Falklands I think

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Wendy S said:
    Just passed a Harrier this afternoon P B

I'm guessing that it's Palid, Pete, given the sunshine and the mild weather the UK is experiencing. 

Dave 

• In hindsight, my wording could have been better. No harrier is common in Wilts. But, if there definitely was one, marsh is most likely in Oct.
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

It was a pale. silver colour, would that count

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Wendy S said:
    would that count

It's enough for me Pete.

• In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    No harrier is common in Wilts. But, if there definitely was one, marsh is most likely in Oct

Thanks Robbo; that's helpful.

To be clear, my question was purely out of curiosity. We neither post nor record any of our UK sightings.

I'll note that it was almost certainly a harrier, and thus, based on your advice, most probably a Marsh Harrier.

On a separate but I suppose related note, we were (not having been in the UK for a while) surprised by how many Red Kites we saw. They're very, very common here in Switzerland, but we don't recall seeing quite so many on previous trips to the UK.

Best regards - 

Dave