A crabbing session at Felixstowe Ferry

It should be mentioned that crabbing has been banned from the jetty since the Covid 19 outbreak.  Nevertheless, it has still continued on a small scale ....... well, who would stand in the way of this individual?

That's got breakfast sorted out.

At this point I assumed the bird was male as it proclaimed its hunting prowess ahead of eating!

Making a break for freedom .........

.......... but not quickly enough.

'Don't you even think of taking it'.  As if I would!

Enjoy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• stunning photos Clare, love the one where its staring right at you - what an expression lol gotta love 'em

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Great sequence Clare, good to have you back!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• When our kids were young it was one of our crabbing spots way way back. Lovely set of photos Clare, poor old crab didn't stand a chance. Was the cafe open there? It does a great fish & chips and we often buy some fresh fish and crab when the shop across the road is open, oh crab and pea pure risotto, beginning to feel the need for a visit soon.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• The cafe is open, but they are doing takeaways only.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• As has been said,' Wonderful Clare,' and so lovely to see you posting around, and pleased Limpy managing.

Stunning photography, you really have enjoyed improving on, your what ,was already, wonderful captures.

• Wonderful photos, Clare--thanks for posting! Like Hazel, I love the one of the Gull looking straight at you. What a face!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• A good series of crabbing. I know I've been on the beach and not seen anything and then a gull or a curlew will arrive and pick up a crab straight away. I don't know how they spot them so easily!

Nige   Flickr

• Lovely shots of a cracking looking bird.

My bird photos HERE

• Clare how far your photography has come on
    I Love You lovely photos

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Awwwwwww ............ thank you!