A few from Abberton Reservoir

The causeways at this reserve have been a real life-saver this year - it has been a safe place to bring a highly vulnerable Limpy!  Here are a few photos from a couple of days ago:

Egyptian geese, like all geese, don't do subtle!

There were loads of pied wagtails about.

For anyone who has read Red 67 - Abberton is a wonderful place to see the beautiful pochard (and tufted ducks as well).

It's good to see gadwall numbers increasing even though it means that summer is on its way out.

There is no such thing as 'only' a little egret.  What a beautiful bird.

I love those bright yellow feet!

He's off.

A black-headed gull splashes down.

I never tire of seeing great crested grebes.  

Hope you enjoy these.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lovely pics Clare

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Great pictures Clare, love the second picture of the Egret, was it having a blow dry........ Abberton is one of my safe places on either causeway, hardly ever enter the reserve and certainly don't drink their coffee, its ditch water.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• I don't drink coffee - but I really miss Abberton's bacon and egg butties, they're absolutely lovely.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning Clare, what a beautiful set of photos and variety of birds including the magnificent L.Egret. As you say, good to get outdoors during this covid madness and be at one with nature. Good to see you posting again and XX to both you and Limpy.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• A lovely collection, Clare. I cannot pick a favourite but the L Egret is probably up there for that spot but then the Gadwalls are always so beautiful and the Grebe is too...We love Abberton but have no idea when we'll manage to visit again; I expect we'll be here at home for Christmas again but maybe next year over to Essex, fingers crossed.

Kind regards, 

Ann