New website for bird watching in the UK and Europe

It can be very difficult to obtain good birding info throughout Europe. The newly launched website www.birdingplaces.eu helps with this. On Birdingplaces.eu you can find the best birdingspots all over Europe, all in one place. With next to every birdingspot the information you need for some fine hours of birding. Like maps and trails and all the birds you can see there.

You can also share your favourite birding areas easy with other birders by clicking on Add a Birdingplace. It takes some time to fill in the list, but the result is a beautiful page with your own birdarea on the map.

Ther are allready hundreds of birding spots on the map. Only the UK lags a bit behind.

Have a look on www.birdingplaces.eu and tell me what you think.

Chris

• I've never really looked for places outside the UK so I don't know how much info is out there. Having said that, I'm sure this is a useful source of info for good places to go, if you don't know the locality.
    However, I wouldn't take the species list for any site too seriously though as I did look up a place close to me. The general list of birds to see seemed to include many extremely rare species as if someone has listed everything that has ever been seen once in the last twenty years. I'd rather see a list of what you could reasonably expect to see under normal circumstances without the once in a lifetime vagrants.
  • Hi

with so many County avifaunas and Where to watch guides ( Personal faves the Buckingham press series ) plus Fatbirder etc. being used by hard core birders another website may struggle to find contributors?

Living in Norfolk I have an RBA App set for my local counties and check my local patch websites the day b4 I go-

I used a birding pal website when visiting Normandy ( France) and got personal emails and info from a local :)

S