Autumn migration at Cape May NJ

• In reply to Seaman:

Semip Plovers also have partial webbing

Until last year I never knew what Semipalmations were, but decided to research it and found out it means partially webbed (palmation meaning webbed)

Just thought I'd share that bit of information with everyone

• In reply to Michael M:

Hi-

my point was that we all know that semipalmated plovers have semipalmations but not many realise that Ringed plovers do- as per my previous post :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Hi

just got back from a few days in Cape May-  will post some photos soon

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

looking forward to the pics,it's still on my to do list.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Good start with a nice looking Osprey.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Nice one S,  look forward to more photos from your travels

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Hi

we also saw Bruce Springsteen- well it is New Jersey!

All Piping Plovers that are breeding in the area are ringed and given names- This is Bruce! As you can see- Piping Plovers are Born to run!!

S

Mrs S was on fire on our last morning after our American ( and Brit) buddies had left- She found Yellow Throated Vireo, Nashville Warbler and this Great Crested Flycatcher by the obs.

The previous day she had re-located Cape May Warbler which had eluded us on the trip up to that point;

S

Lovely photos, S.  I hope you will post more, please.  As for ID, I can always phone a friend (well, e-mail) who is currently doing a Big Year in Alaska.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Nice one  S  bird and Bruce, and well done to Mrs S for coming up tops.

Lot to learn