A week in Mallorca (updated)

• In reply to HAZY:

Amazing report TJ, Collared Pratincole are rare visitors around here, but I've never seen one, would love one! Also the Wood Sandpipers, what an odd name.

I think all the butterflies were Speckled Woods, but our Wall browns are around so you may have seen one elsewhere.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It was quite a good exercise  to get it all down on paper (well electronic media) to remind myself of what we saw.

Noisette, I think you are right about the second butterfly also being a Speckled Wood. I think a Wall was seen but not photographed by me.

Now the next question is have I got the energy and stamina to go to Bulgaria on a dragonfly trip.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Brilliantly rounded off, some lovely shots, especially that Pratincole looked very interesting.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Some fantastic stuff - lovely birds (and butterflies) and the scenery doesn't look too bad either!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Cheers guys, I appreciate your comments.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    Now the next question is have I got the energy and stamina to go to Bulgaria on a dragonfly trip.

lol Tony,    you only live once so if you feel fit enough and have a spare piggy bank then go for it   !!!      besides which,    I'm already anticipating and looking forward to your Bulgarian report with dragonfly photos  LOL      no pressure !!

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    Tony,    you only live once

LOL Hazel, I think I'm living on borrowed time already. The spirit is willing but the flesh is getting weak. A fellow forumite whom I won't name is going on it so I'm tempted  One last overseas trip? I've got to decide soon. 

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

lol Tony !!   I know these decisions are often hard to make as even transiting through airports with all the luggage and extra security these days is a hassle and not to be entered into lightly !   having said that, you would only need the 100mm  macro lens for the dragonflies so much less camera gear  lol    

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to Nigel O:

Enjoyed the update TJ, a lot of birds I haven't heard of but great to learn.   The Black winged Stilt is a lovely looking bird but as Hazy said it has a funny way of immersing it's head into the water when it feeds, the Sardinian Warbler is a smashing little bird and loved the Swallowtail butterfly.   Thanks so much for posting and yes you must go to Bulgaria, a dragonfly visit sounds special.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thanks Gaynor, glad you enjoyed the report. I think sharing our experiences is rewarding for all concerned.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream