Rhön-Mountain-Range in May 2016

Hello dear forumites,

it has been a long time since I posted. Maybe some of you have wondered whatever has become of me. I'm perfectly fine. I've adjusted well with my new home in a small town in Saxony and with my new work. Now my boyfriend and I had our first holidays together since I moved in with him. We had only a week, so we visited my parents (and the storks, of course). But weather was not too good then, so we only paid a short visit to the storks. After that we spent three days in the Rhön-Mountains. Here weather was much better. We had nice days and rain / thunderstorms at night. Maybe you care for some pictures? So here we go:

1. Our visit to the Red Moore: Maybe Tufted Ducks, a male and a female.But they were far away.

2. After the Red Moore, we went up the Heidelstein-Mountain. We saw many Viola

3. The Heidelstein has a very characteristic view:

4. There were many birds of prey around, mainly kestrels.But I can't say if this one is a kestrel.

5. Our accomodation was only a few metres away from the former border between the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic. Towers and carriageways are still to be seen everywhere.

6. In the Black Moore: Round-leaf sundew

7. + 8. Views of the Black Moore

9. Oldtimer on the Wasserkuppe-Mountain (the highest mountain in the Rhön-Mountain-Range)

10. ?? Globeflower??

11. Beautifully-looking water-drops on Lupin-Plants

12. Still on the Wasserkuppe-Mountain: A Memorial to the Aviation-Pioneers

13. Look up the Milseburg-Mountain

14. Bad weather is approaching. Ten minutes later the thunderstorm started. Don't worrry! We made it to our car just in time.

Thank you very much for looking in. I promise for the future to take my camera with me when I take a walk here at home, so I can show you my new home. Most of the time I forget my camera and the binoculars, what a shame!

Good night now. Kind regards as always,

Bente