Dragonflys and damselflys 2023

• That’s a Good photo of the golden ringed Dragonfly Germain
  • Iv managed to do my Dragonflys from Barnwood in Hucclecote, Gloucestershire

Common Red Darter 

• I managed to catch a Speckled wood in the background to go with the dragonfly in the same scene cause it happened to be in the same place at the same time 

• there was a few dragonflys flying around the pond in a circle it was extremely fast and got quiet close only for a fraction of a second though and my camara had a bit of trouble focusing when it came over my head so I went with just taking photos of it flying around the pond before it approaches I managed to get a film of it close though but these are the best flight shots I Got when taking pictures and not filming 

• Forgive me for the joke but I keep coming up with jokes cause of some names that can be turned into a Joke for example i got a redstart - I got a head start.  So now I keep comeing up with jokes about Wildlife So I can’t help but joke about Wildlife at the moment

What do you get when you cross a Cuckoo with a dragon and a fly?
    A cuckoo bird dragonfly

yes it does look cuckoo but that’s the idea. Now  this one has developed the ability to breath fire when it feels threatened unlike most dragonflys so you just need to be careful not to make it feell threatened

it also lays the eggs in the nest of a species that lives in a similar  habitat and has similar behaviours and habits and methods for survival. Not the same but similar. not only is it rather cuckoo but its like a cuckoo bird cause it’s part Cuckoo and part Dragonfly 

just to clarify no there isn’t one in the UK  it was just a funny

I can’t help but wonder why there called dragonflys unless people used to think they looked like dragons. I’m glad they don’t breath fire otherwise thst would make approaching them problomatic when  trying to take a photo. Thank goodness there isn’t a dragonfly named after an ability to breath fire in the uk at least that has been discovered so far

I hope you enjoy the photos

• I hope you also enjoyed the joke aswell and found it funny. Its good to have a laugh sometimes
  • I believe a pair of emerald damselflies and a couple of dragonflies some by our pond and some in the meadow. 

• Good morning all. Thank you all for your kind comments and for identifying the dragonfly. My skills at dragonfly ID are worse than bird ID.

Do dragonflies today. It is raining. It may continue to rain for most of the day, as a long, thin rain band, stretching from Finchampstead to Plymouth and beyond, is heading in an east northeast direction.

I've been puzzling for sometime now as to why my photos having been appearing a little dark and dull. And why images in my R7's viewfinder also appear a little dark and dull. Finally looked at various settings on the back LCD of the camera. The EV setting was set a little into negative territory! That would explain a lot. I've reset it to 0, but only after taking these.

This dragonfly made itself at home on my bird feeder. My only task was to creep up to it slowly, point my camera at it, and hope it was not spooked by any bird visiting the feeder. I like stationary subjects, like this, whilst being lit by bright sunlight.

I was able to wander around the dragonfly, taking photos from various angles.

As usual, I have to take a gazillion photos, as I never know how they will come out.

The beastie was very tolerant. Though my long lens meant I couldn't get within 10 feet of it. No bad thing, as I didn't frighten the thing off.

I then had some fun cropping out bits of photos.

I left the beastie in peace to continue its sun bathing.

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Another good set there Angus. Thumbsup I think it’s a migrant hawker.
  • A brown hawker and another darter. And Migrant hawker. 

youtube**LINK BOCKED**/@WildlifeClips365