WWT Slimbridge wetland centre Gloucestershire part 1

Slimbridge wetland Centre

first we went to get my membership so I can visit more often

on the way I saw some feral pigeons 

Then we went to the observatory tower it was very wide so didn’t  get all of it but this is one of the views 

then  I saw a Mute Swan 

there was some juvinile swans aswell

Then there was a Tufted Duck

then we carried on 

one of the swans were particularly active 

You do need to upend and feed from below from time to time though 

after that

Jackdaw and white fronted goose

Rook

Graylag goose 

Another Jackdaw 

Canada Goose 

We went to the butterfly garden 

Hoverfly

Bumblebee 

Ground Ivy 

periwinkle 

Cowslip

Bugloss

Rosemary 

then there was a pond that gets things like pond skater and others and there was some fish in there. After that

I saw a Woodpigeon  

As I walked along I saw a Robin 

2 graylag geese 

a Woodpigeon was hanging around a pond including an ant

heres the Woodpigeon in person 

Here he or she is. this is the RSPB  community. RSPB community this is Woodpigeon 

thats that for now. 
carrying on the path 

Snowflake

Red Campion

next we meet 2 busy Jackdaws near the waterfowl

in part 2 we meet the rest of the wildfowl there 

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/photography/282777/slimbridge-wetland-centre-gloucestershire-part-2

• Looks a nice place Zo a nice day out for you
  • Thanks. I had to get up and get ready by 10 cause we were going to be leaving 10 minutes after 10oclock so I left after 10 to go there and it isn’t very far. I was there until after 3 and then we left and got back between 4 and 4:30 so I went for the day. There’s lots of parts to slimbridge they don’t have a butterfly house anymore but they do have a butterfly garden I went to have a look at the wildfowl after seeing some of the other Wildlife there and took pictures with my binoculars and cause I’m good at taking pictures of birds in flight I got good some good flight shots aswell And I tryed to get some shots of the diving ducks diving I bought bird food to feed the birds but enjoyed myself so much that I didn’t end up feeding them and I bought 2 packets cause I thought I’d use them all up. They have a kingfisher hide there and other things too so Stayed tuned for part 2
  • Looks like you seen plenty on your day out Zo ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks. Yes I did. I saw all sorts of Wildlife there. Slimbridge has changed a lot over the years they demolished the Butterfly house in 2017 to make it better for the Wildlife and also give people more benefits seeing them. They finished it by 2020 I asked around to find the garden of reflection which I call t he Butterfly garden there wasnt any Butterflys only one. There is a young new volunteer that seemed to be around my age or abit older than me he was quiet young and he didn’t know where the garden of reflection was when he told me that the Butterfly house got demolished cause he’s quiet new. But we found it eventually and it wasn’t very far. When I got to a part where jackdaws turned up and were busy doing stuff I went to have a look and immediately started taking photos cause they were very confident and photo genic enough. The jackdaw on the right looked like it was putting something down the left jackdaws throat which I found quiet interesting.

Cause I went to get my membership I went out for the day so decided to make the most of it and look around everywhere so I also went to see the waterfowl where I managed to get really good action shots and the ducks were very interesting i though I’d save those for part 2 cause part 1 took a long time and if I also added the waterfowl on the same page it would of taken even longer I took lots of photos in part 2 I decided to make it yesterday evening since that also took some time to do but I hope you and Everyone else enjoy the photos.  iv added the link to part 2 underneath wildfowl in part 2 now