Frocester Hill. House sparrows and nesting and The birth of a Robins

on the way there 

1 pheasant 

and a pilon bird 

plus Dafodills 

at the barn 

In the barn 

a man at the barn who works there said he wants to show us something since I’m interested in birds and led us to a hole in the 

wall he said a Robin had been nesting and has had some 

young and the lady next to me said you can see them through the wall if you look through with a torch and used a torch I told to leave it alone now.

But heres the hole. Theres Young Robins in there. 

after that he told us there’s another Robin who’s nesting and had young aswell and then he told us that they put up a barn owl box 

and a kestrel is nesting in one of the barns 

• Response no longer desired

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Yes I dont know if he looked at it with a torch or not I put that by mistake so thinking of editing that part out but He said that there are young in the hole and everything else and then the person next to me said you can see them with a torch so she used the torch on her phone and looked inside she had done it before I could stop her doing it in the first place. I wasn’t sure about what she was doing and My instinct told me something wasn’t quiet right about what she was doing and She doesnt know that it’s considered disturbance even though the Robin isn’t there. She thinks if the Robin is gone and you just take a quick look it’s fine I told her to leave the nest alone now 

• Thanks for pointing that out I should of put a full stop and put the lady next to me said you can see them through the wall. Iv corrected the mistake and added what I thought I already added. Not any better that the lady used the torch to see the young so doesn’t matter who did it they shouldn’t of done it anyway but I did tell them not to do it anymore when she did it. I personally didn’t exspect she would follow through with shining the torch to see them so wasn’t quick enough but did tell them to leave the nest alone now cause it’s not good to disturb them I told her so that she  stops  shineing the torch through the hole and she did switch it off. 

• That aside it’s nice that there’s Robins nesting in the barn and they have had young

• yes hopefully if they don’t know already 

• The barn gets barn swallows nest in there so they have Barn swallow nests on the ceiling and in holes in the ceiling and under the eaves in the barn when they have arived in Gloucestershire when Im outside of the barn They fly low over your head and and low to the ground and fly all over the place so I take pictures of them flying around when I visit sometimes so hopefully I will be able to get some photos of the barn swallows flying around For the barn swallow thread this year

• You would be correct with the caged bird they put the magpie in a cage and put some food and water in there for it which was strange but it was cause it needs to eat and drink. they put the magpie in a cage for a certain period of time the longest is usually up to an hour but normally try not to keep it in there for a long time. Occasionally they put magpies in cages if it’s being troublesome and doing things it shouldnt be doing.