Blue Tit:

Robin:

Coal Tit:

Chaffinch - Male:

Female:

Muntjac Deer:

Pheasant - Male Juvenile

Dunnock:

Hoof fungus growing as a bracket on the trunks of birch trees, and occasionally on other trees:

Sparrowhawk - I think... Two individuals in different trees

Carrion Crow & Moon:

Hoverfly:

• I.5k photos SM, blimey that will take some time sorting, I think the most photos I have taken on an outing is around the 600 mark, the trouble with that I find is you could end up taking the same subject 10 x times and just using one or two and the rest are probably the same or similar as the first. But hopefully the one or two of the photos are the ones that you want to keep and use. And by the look of your photos most are cracking photos. Thank goodness we are not using Film.
  • These have taken a while to sort out Slight smile

Hoping amongst the White Butterflies I have a mixture of the Small and Large. I have tried to sort them out, but not that confident... I have numbered them to make it easier to identify any that need changing.

Skylark:

Common Whitethroat:

Hornet:

Damselfly:

Jersey tiger moth - quite a large moth:

Cinnabar Moth Caterpillar - On Common Ragwort:

Humming-bird Hawkmoth:

Four-spotted Chaser:

Common Darter:

Grey squirrel:

Flesh Fly:

No idea !!

Hoverfly:

Hornet Hoverfly ? - It was huge, see the Bumblebee:

Bumblebee:

Peacock:

Ringlet:

Red Admiral:

Meadow Brown:

Purple Hairstreak:

Comma:

Brown Argos:

Small Copper:

Gatekeeper:

Large Skipper:

Small Skipper:

Small White:

Green Veined White:

• No doubt someone who knows more about butteflies than me will come along - hopefully Cin, but I think some if not all off the 'Large Whites' could be Green Veined Whites ... I'm probably wrong though ... Blush. I was going off the dusting on the veins, and the lighter colour of the wing tips.

• Looks like a Common Whitethroat SM....I will leave you to Germain , Wendy and PB for all your Flutterbys ....whish I had more than 2 species of butterfly visit me ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• SnappyMac said:
    Thanks PB, went back today to see if I could find a male. No luck though...

Really! I didn't know you were that way inclined. What will Mrs SnappyMac say. Well each to his own ... Laughing

• You would have thought they could have come up with more definitive markings Smiley You are probably right about them being Green-veined...

• Smiley A Common Whitethroat is good, checking back it is the one I usually see...

• Well just wait for confirmation from someone else before you start skipping up and down lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Another fab collection SM great photos well done and thanks for sharing.
  • It's raining, bear has had his supper & I have a cup of tea. Pleased to see you got a Jersey Tiger - they are such handsome moths. I checked your Small Skips just in case there was an Essex - you take such great photos it's easy to zoom for a good look but no one had sneaked in.

Whites
    All are Green-veined except 4, 6, 10, 12 and 15 which are Small - and again checked those tips to see if and Southerns had appeared - PB needs to be on that as well. They will appear here in the not too distant future

Cin J