How the heatwaves have been affecting the Wildlife

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed anything but after the heatwave in June, and the unprecedented Heatwave in July iv noticed Wildlife reacting to it and during this one. Its August and it’s 32 degrees celceus 

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2022/08/how-heatwaves-affect-wildlife/

• A Blackbird has taken to drinking out of the small fairy decoration that I use for the insects to drink from. instead of the bird bath even though I been keeping the bird bath topped up every day 

• Theres definitely been less insects than normal. Butterflys have been very active. Grass has been light brown or yellow and rarely see any grass that is green locally and in the garden. where grasshoppers were abundant they were more active than usual. 

Iv had more birds looking for water and useing my bird bath And they don’t usually take as much interest in the bird bath as They did.

They started visiting last week. At first it was 2 Juvenile great tits and a adult but they were wary.  then during the week the 2 tits and adult great tit visited again. then later on during the week it was mainly the young ones.

Then towards the end of the week 2 more grown up looking great tits visited. Then the blackbird started visiting for a drink aswell except out of my insect bath.  On Sunday I had 2 great tits, 1 Robin, and 1 pigeon and 1 magpie come for a drink all in one day.  That’s the most birds iv ever had visit the  bird bath Exspeacially all in one day. They mainly just came for a drink and left.
    Luckily it rained this morning and things are cooler than they were yesterday.

• At Saintbridge Balanceing pond near Robinswood Hill in my local area it showed some of the effects from The Heatwave, aswell

it looked just like Autumn