The Heatwave and Wildlife recently

• A lot of butterflies here too, but they're doing a lot of sitting. Have to take care not to step on them.

In the towns, people are putting water out for pigeons and sparrows.
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

Cooll. The temprature has dropped to 17 degrees celceus but there’s a possibility we may or may not get another heatwave. If we do it might be 25 degrees celceus so lower than this one but still very very hot. But of course I won’t know until next week and I won’t know what temperature it is until the day but today it’s much cooler. And there’s less insect activity than there has been  during the heatwave recently 

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Glad to hear that.

Here, meanwhile, we're pretty much at the peak of it. We'll be at around 24 in the middle of the night tonight.
    Heat warning in place until Tuesday.

Could be worse. Could be Spain. Forty-seven Celsius in Bilbao today, I hear.

Last year, friends in Tuscany didn't have a single drop of rain in four and a half months.

Challenging times for nature.

Dave
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

Yes it definitely is. Also it Sounds like it’s warmer where you are than over here at least for now. But its even hotter in Spain, It’s cloudy and raining over here today.
  • In reply to Zo Clark:

Thirty Celsius here now, at a quarter to eight.

Jealous of your clouds and rain.

All the best -
    Dave
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

I guess Nature had to cooll itself down one way or another. I know sometimes Weather like rain or even thunderstorms after it’s been unusualy hot tends to be Natures way of trying to regulate the temperature or bring it down abit. Wow that’s even hotter than it was over here I only reached 29 but you managed to hit 30. I think the Wildlife over here might of got a surprise after being in tempratures of 29 degrees celceus then it going all the way back down to 17 the next morning and being hit by rain. It rained all day. But then that’s nothing compared to 30 degrees Celseus and if it suddenly rains the next day where you are aswell I bet they are going to get a surprise aswell.
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

We have gone all the way up to 26 degrees celceus this morning

• In reply to Dave - CH:

Did it rain where you were or did it stay very hot? 

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Rained all morning, Zo. But so far no storms (which is a relief).
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

For some reason I didn’t get notified but iv seen your message now. Iv noticed the insects are very active during the Heatwave. Its hard to look somewhere without seeing a flying insect and some bugs, beetles and others, I can’t believe we have got hit with a second heatwave this month. Theres a warning of thunderstorms today and tomarow in Gloucestershire but with all the heat im not surprised there’s a risk of thunderstorms.  I havnt had any Thunderstorms yet but last week when we had one it happened at night so I don’t know if it will or not but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is