• Wow - that's quite a pile of LTTs!
  • They were all in our salix tree as well, would say at least 20 LTT.

First time ever I have had them or even seen one so am very excited.

Hope they become a regular like my other birds.

Kath GrinGrinGrinGrin
  • Blooomin' 'eck!  Scream

That's some gathering of lollipops!

They do see to like the fat balls and suet.

• Wow, that's a super-group! We had maybe half a dozen that visited for about a couple of months, in our old house, and they were very keen on the Peckish suet nuggets (we also got a female blackbird feeding from the same feeder....the only time I've see that...she wasn't very elegant lol!)
  • They are only going for the fat balls and I have loads of other feeders out with sunflower hearts, peanuts but not interested in any other food.

I love them they are sooo cute...
  • Yeh only thing they eating. Which I'm glad as nobody else eating my fat balls.

Last year they were all eating them but this year only the lollipops and a odd sparrow are eating my fatballs.

All the other tit families are eating peanuts or sunflower hearts.

Hope you are keeping well Mike.

Kath xx
  • A fine collection indeed of try lovely cute LTT.
  • Hi Kath, lovely to see the endearing flock of LTT's. We used to have them in our last garden and they loved raw cheese pastry which I would place in the twigs, fat feeders, etc, Plain flour, lard, suet pellets or a few bird seeds, handful of grated mild cheddar cheese and splash of water to bind the pastry together but ensure it is not sticky - just add more flour if it feels sticky. pinch bits of pastry off and place it in the salix tree and they will love you for it !! They are raw cheese pastry addicts !!   Take a look HERE    and they would eventually come down to the call each morning as I put the pastry out and they couldn't wait to tuck in     HERE 

• Omg those photos are amazing.

To have them on your hands is absolutely spectacular.

I really want to try and make the cheese pastry and could put it on the salix tree for them.

The problem I am having is a huge female sparrowhawk arrived yesterday and I'm having huge numbers of LTT in a group of 20 and also a huge group of goldfinches between 20-30 at a time, it's causing a lot of noise and attraction to my garden so I may have to reduce my feeders dramatically.

If the LTT and the goldfinches came in smaller groups it would be so much better but they come in such huge flocks.

Thanks so much for your reply and all the info and ideas.

Hope you are keeping well.

Kath xx