having a quick peck at the fat ball and then dropping to

the floor to eat what had dropped to the floor. and today for

the first time he has learnt how to hold on to the feeder and 

eat at its leasure.

This fellow needs no introduction

A bit more colour

Don't you just love snowdrops.

Another of my regulars

Standing Proud he is on the top of my tree.

I also love a dunnock

The goldfinch has seen the squirrel 

Here is trouble

Look at me am i clever or what ?

A different bird just passing through

• Lovely to see the spring colours emerging ILR. As always nice photos. Clever Mr. BB working out how to use the feeders, you don't often see them do that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Thanks for replying Catlady, And i am glad you liked the photos, re the blackbird i started leaving a plate full of crushed fatball for it on the lawn but it encouraged too many woodpigeons into the garden, and since i stopped feeding the crushed fatball, The blackbird started flying up to the feeder again and dropping down to the ground after pecking some off to feed on. But the clever thing finally got the hang of it and its great to see after all this time.
    I dont worry about the woodpigeons though they still come into the garden for any bits that reach the floor under the feeders. And if the woodpigeons dont eat it the squirrels do.
  • Some lovely photos from the garden. I've not seen any flowers other than snowdrops so far.
    A few years ago, my garden blackbird went through the same process, throwing himself off the fence at the feeder, then trying to hover and finally learning how to get a grip. Then, his mate came along, watched him for a while and learnt a lot quicker!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks Nigel well isn’t that a coincidence, I felt sorry for this blackbird that’s why I was leaving him some crushed fat ball on the lawn and when I stopped he must have tried that bit harder or watched one of the starlings do it.
  • I love the variety of photos and the comments under each one, I look forward to seeing them now, they all have their own personality don’t they

June23
  • Great photo set ILR and as the blackbird has proved, where there's a will there's a way only it's usually the Cyrils that first test out that theory ! Don't recognise that last metal bird ..... what is it ?? lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to June23:

Your right June they do, glad you liked them
  • In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazel, when it comes to Cyril’s exploits I don’t need to do the garden anymore, Cyril does enough digging for both of us. The metal bird is a Big, Big bird only thing is I don’t know what to feed it yet.
  • How lovely to see colourful flowers again!!! Another lovely set ILR

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to Linda257:

Thank you Linda, the daffodils will be out soon, I love spring everything comes alive again