The last couple of months photos

Hi everyone

Seems a long time since I have posted anything on this site, so time for an update of photos

Starting back in January the shot below is of an Egyptian Goose with eight of it's goslings Very cold I imagine, walking across the ice. I was certainly wrapped up. Reading about them, they were introduced to this country about 30 years ago and are gradually spreading around the country. They apparently have their young early in the year, but January!! They really should know better!  Originally they hatched 10 but as of now only two have survived.

The next is a buzzard. There were two of them that came across the lakes circling on the thermals but only managed to get one in my viewfinder.

With little foliage on the trees it was ideal to catch the long tailed tits searching for food amongst the branches

Is the second photo a juvenile? I think so but not sure. The colours are definitely different on the head and neck.

Last for now, The breeding season is fast coming up and plumage is becoming all important in attracting a mate. This Crested grebe attracted my attention.