5 Iinches of snow and the birds were out and feeding

After this photo was taken i went into the garden and changed the ice

for water in the bird bath and cleared the feeders of snow so the

birds could get at the food better.

Hopefully the bird boxes will be utilised this year and no Morgage

or rent, free to birds of a nice nature.

Big Freeze tonight forcast ?

• Lovely snowy pics. Robins may be traditional snowy fare, but I prefer Blackbirds, they always look fab against a white background.
    No snow here this time ... well, none that settled anyway.

Nige   Flickr

• Nice to see the snow working its way south ILR
    Lovely pics

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks Nigel, I had not seen many birds of late, and on the worst day of the winter so far they had come back; I saw a long tailed Tit as well but it flew away before i got a photo. It was nice to get a photo of the Robin and I too like blackbirds with the yellow bill with a white background. and the dunnock made an apperance as well, always nice to see. All the photos were taken through the window as it snowed all day.

• In reply to Linda257:

Thank you Linda, We have some more snow coming tomorrow but hopefully its supposed to be 6deg so hopefully it will thaw, but the kids in the street love it.
  • That is a fair amount of snow fall you have ther ILR, love the snowy photos, the birds stand out so well.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Thank you Catlady, We didn't get any more snow today, its been thawing all day a whopping 6deg today. I have looked at the weather for next week and on Tuesday its forcast Heavy rain. i would imagine there will be a few floods around by Wednesday ?