Snow surprise...

Had a lovely walk in the snow yesterday - wasn't particularly surprised to see a stonechat or sheep but the very cute bank vole that popped out of a dry stone wall was a delight!

• Nice photos Mike, nice to see the stonechat and the snow fields and the sheep nice winter scenery. Well done with the photos of the vole as well.
  • A lovely blustery Stonechat and wintery scenes, but as you say the little vole is the star of the show!
  • wonderful photos showing the wintery scene and the rather cute vole
  • A nice selection of photos there Mike.

After reading your profile, I'm quite envious, for I have a passion for the Peak District, having walked and camped (often Monsal Head camping) for many decades, until someone decided to run a red light and mangle one of my legs.

I love the way you've captured the wind raising the stonechats plumage.

• Thanks Mike. Yes we're lucky living so close to the Peak District - on the edge of Sheffield. However most of the Peak District (Derbyshire) has now gone into Tier 4 while we remain in Tier 3, preventing us visiting many of our regular haunts. These were all taken around Agden reservoir - the Peaks but in South Yorks!
  • Unknown said:
    Thanks Mike. Yes we're lucky living so close to the Peak District - on the edge of Sheffield. However most of the Peak District (Derbyshire) has now gone into Tier 4 while we remain in Tier 3, preventing us visiting many of our regular haunts. These were all taken around Agden reservoir - the Peaks but in South Yorks!

Yes, I know where you were.

I've a cracking pic of me up by Moscar, accessed from Heatherdeane up to Derwent Edge and eastwards, and the snow was close on shoulder high, and I'm 6 foot.

Down here just to the east of Brum, we're Tier4, so you're lucky to be in T3