Home Visitors in Lockdown

Sparrowhawk, I once had one come to the garden last year 

but it flew off before I could take a photo. I took this one through

the window, i didn't want to miss the opportunity this time by

opening the window.

This fella turned up at the same time but he soon went away

when the Sparrowhawk left its perch. I have never seen a

Squirrel move so fast

• I always think when a sparrowhawk turns up and I see it what a lucky lad I am, doesn't ha[[en very often though lol. Lovely shots
  • I was over the moon when I saw it PB. such a lovely looking bird and it stayed long enough to get some photos.
  • Missed this ILR, cracking photos of both, truly a beautiful bird and great to get a photo, one that you don't really want to see on your own garden, I know they have to survive as well but it is horrid to see them swoop, catch and get their prey. Smart looking Squirrel with a full belly!

• Thank you Catlady, I was really pleased to get a photo of it. Ref Mr SquirreI don't wonder the squirrel has a fat belly its been digging my garden up all week.
  • Super photos ILR, and the sprawk is so clear.

• Thanks Mike I was lucky to see it, I was walking past the lounge rear window and every time I pass the window I look into the garden to see if there are any birds on the feeders, when I saw it it was quick get the camera and was again lucky to get the camera take a photo, check the picture, it was too dark alter settings take another picture that’s better and take a few more then the squirrel decided to get in on the act. The Sparrowhawk was quite impressive and something to remember.
  • i love robins said:
    Thanks Mike I was lucky to see it, I was walking past the lounge rear window and every time I pass the window I look into the garden to see if there are any birds on the feeders, when I saw it it was quick get the camera and was again lucky to get the camera take a photo, check the picture, it was too dark alter settings take another picture that’s better and take a few more then the squirrel decided to get in on the act. The Sparrowhawk was quite impressive and something to remember.

You're welcome.

It always pays to keep the camera handy, you just never know.