Another Afternoon by the river

I wasn't expecting to see a redwing today, a nice surprise

Always nice to see a blue Tit

He or she is off now

A first time for me Gooseander's

• More fabulous photos ILR.

There is no harm in constructive criticism, however, as Linda points out, the light and weather at this time of year can, and often does make it difficult to get crystal clear photos. So take a well earned pat on the back, those photos are perfectly good.

A nearby reserve used to have a lot of goosanders, though I've not been back since they changed the landscape to encourage ospreys, which never made a visit.

Over at Conwy, they have mergansers as well as goosanders, which are of the same family, and it is easy to confuse the two.

PS, was the blue tit shot from a cannon (not Canon as in cameras)!

Only teasing, but it is a great action pic with the wings folded back at the moment the shutter is released.

• Hi Mike Thanks for your kind words, with ref the blue tit it does look like it’s a bird cannon ball doesn’t it. I didn’t know I had taken that photo, it must have left the branch of the tree as the shutter was ending. It was only when I downloaded it to my PC that I realised what must have happened.
  • i love robins said:
    Hi Mike Thanks for your kind words, with ref the blue tit it does look like it’s a bird cannon ball doesn’t it. I didn’t know I had taken that photo, it must have left the branch of the tree as the shutter was ending. It was only when I downloaded it to my PC that I realised what must have happened.

You're welcome, keep snapping away and sharing Thumbsup